We help humans and robots to know their location and make sense of their surroundings. Our managed services and permissive open core software enables your diverse project sensor data to become a built-for-purpose localization and mapping solution.
Our Mission: Navigation AI
We believe that robust map understanding and shared-memory localization across assets is a crucial gateway technology for better real-world robotics. We collectively call the related software, algorithms, and compute systems a Navigation AI.
We strive to build the best Navigation AI by providing an open source, modular, and distributive localization/mapping framework that is available for anyone to use or tinker, including big businesses solving real-world problems, startups pursuing game-changer opportunities, and professionals (or students) developing robotic systems.
Let us help you develop a cost effective and IP sensitive Navigation AI specific to your needs.
How We Enable Real-World Robotics
Robotics applications are built around a common use-case: Convert sensory input into information and spatial awareness, and use the information to perform actions. We provide tooling to fast-track the difficult first part of that problem, so that you can focus on the exciting part, which is using the information to perform actions.
In addition, we provide hosted services and expertise to fast-track your robotics application, as shown below.
Application Cases and Examples
The NavAbility framework is applicable to any robotics application. If you have sensors, we can help you.
We highlight this with three end-to-end application cases that demonstrate how NavAbility powers real-world robotics.
Construction and the Built Environment
Manufacturing and Warehouse Robotics
The NavAbility Solution
NavAbility provides an open-source, end-to-end framework for the development of real-world localization solutions that is commercially supported by our subscription based managed services.
The NavAbility framework features:
- Hosted Data Management – With support for geometric / semantic processing, indexing, record keeping, and shared memory for multiple agents across many sessions.
- Non-Gaussian Localization and Mapping – One of our proudest innovations is our best in class non-Gaussian simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) approach. The open software, multi-modal incremental Smoothing and Mapping (MM-iSAMv2) algorithm provides unparalleled robustness in localization and mapping.
- Flexible Distributed Solving Architectures – Support for a variety of distributed solving architectures to cater for your specific needs – from rapid on-board SLAM solutions for each robot, to consolidated solving of a super-graph in a hosted cloud for a swarm of robots, and all the permutations between.
- Minimal Bandwidth Solving – Communication channel management to manage the up- and down-steam bandwidth between the front-end robots and the distributed SLAM solvers.
- Global Data Access – Hosted, web-based visualization of your real-time and historical data for command-and-control applications and high-level overviews.
- Maintained Open Software – We invest in the continuous improvement of our publicly available (and permissively licensed) software and algorithms to provide the best-in-class solution.
NavAbility maintains this framework by providing:
- The Caesar.jl Platform and NavAbility API – NavAbility maintains the cutting-edge open-source Caesar.jl localization framework and provides both open-source as well as proprietary APIs for leveraging it in a variety of cases.
- Managed Services – NavAbility provides expertise and professional services to accelerate your development of a navigation solution.
- Turn-Key Solution Development – NavAbility has the expertise to provide you turn-key solutions that are tailored for your needs.